Artist: Aleksi Heinola Quintet, Antti Lötjönen, Oaagaada
Album: Lonna 2019
Release Date: 2020
Audio Format: FLAC (tracks) 24bit, 48 kHz
Total Tracks: 5
Total Size: 610 MB
1. Aleksi Heinola Quintet, Antti Lötjönen & Oaagaada – Drift (Live at Lonna 3.7.19) (11:43)
2. Aleksi Heinola Quintet, Antti Lötjönen & Oaagaada – Art Deco (Live at Lonna 10.7.19) (13:35)
3. Aleksi Heinola Quintet, Antti Lötjönen & Oaagaada – Ennakkotiedoista poiketen (Live at Lonna 31.7.19) (12:23)
4. Aleksi Heinola Quintet, Antti Lötjönen & Oaagaada – Zaa (Live at Lonna 31.7.19) (06:12)
5. Aleksi Heinola Quintet, Antti Lötjönen & Oaagaada – Bouncin’ at the S.U.P (Live at Lonna 3.7.19) (08:19)
We Jazz Records presents “Lonna 2019”, a nautical live album bringing together recordings captured at the successful concert series at the island of Lonna just outside Helsinki in July 2019. Part 3 of their ongoing “We Jazz Live Plates” series documenting the label’s live activity, “Lonna 2019” features inspired performances by Aleksi Heinola Quintet, Antti Lötjönen Quintet East and Oaagaada. Drummer Heinola’s quintet and the Hämeenlinna-based quartet Oaagaada make their We Jazz Records debut with this release, while Lötjönen is releasing his debut as a leader on the label in April.
“Lonna 2019” captures the easy-going feeling at the island series fittingly. Aleksi Heinola Quintet swings with their natural ability of making no-nonsense hard bop sound fresh in the contemporary setting. Antti Lötjönen leads his star-studded Quintet East through a high-spirited rendition of Don Cherry’s “Art Deco”. Oaagaada charm with their deep DIY spiritual jazz. And somewhere just above the music, a seagull screeches, echoing a perfect sunny day at Lonna.
“Lonna 2019” released together with “Ateneum 2019”, We Jazz Live Plates vol. 2, is an inspiring example of the active and high quality jazz scene in Helsinki.